With the rising cost of fossil fuels and the effect they are having on the environment people have become more interested in alternative energy sources such as renewable energy technology. Renewable energy technology is a type of alternative energy that is considered green and focuses on energy that is replaced as it is being used, such as solar energy and wind energy. Alternative energy includes all renewable energy sources, but also includes things like nuclear power and energy from municipal waste. These forms of alternative energy are not considered green.
The New Technologies Used
· Large and small businesses alike are fighting back against increasing energy prices. They do this just by generating their own energy using technologies such as solar panels, wind turbines and biomass boilers.
· Solar energy panels are used to turn energy from the Sun into electricity that can be used to run various household appliances.
· Wind turbines use the wind power to drive generators which also provide electricity for the home.
· A biomass boiler uses the biomass heating systems which generate heat from biomass. This heating system is beneficial because it uses agricultural, forest, urban and industrial residues and waste to produce heat and electricity with less effect on the environment.
· These systems can be installed professionally or by the home owner. The ability of the home owner to install these systems has been greatly aided by amount of information that is available on the internet and from other sources.
· The components needed to build solar panels and wind turbines are also becoming less expensive and are easy to source.
· The home owner can save money by building and installing these systems themselves. Not only do they end up saving money on their electricity bill but also on the actual installation of the system.
Importance of using these technologies
· These technologies not only generate energy to reduce energy bills but as they’re reducing bills, they’re saving businesses money. On top of this, the technologies are eligible for government incentives such as the Feed in Tariff and Renewable Heat Incentives, where businesses are paid to generate.
· As if this is not enough, under the Feed in Tariff, businesses also get paid for any energy they do not use, which is sent back to the national grid .So not only are you saving money on your energy use, but you are making money through incentive schemes as well.
· Not only are renewable energy technologies being used by home owners to reduce the utility bill there are now solar-powered chargers for cell phones, batteries and small household appliances. Solar-powered technologies can even be seen on the side of highways to power lights and signs.
Renewable energy technology is being put to use by governments, private industry and home owners. This is being done to reduce energy costs and minimize the effects on global warming. Likely this trend will continue as the cost of producing energy with fossil fuels increases and the effects of global warming becomes more apparent. So, as your business comes under pressure to reduce your energy prices, which continues to rise, look at installing the above mentioned technologies to not only reduce energy use, to save money but to generate an income! For more information on this you can contact sky helpline.