Top 10 Destinations To Drive To In Atlanta
Atlanta is one of the most prominent cities in the South. Filled with historical significance and modern marvels, this city is full of adventure. As one of the top vacation destinations in the South, it has much to offer, and is filled with historical beauty and Southern charm. It has modern marvels and an incredible night life. Atlanta offers something for everyone. Enjoy your visit to Atlanta and remember to take precautions to ensure a safe and happy trip. When you are visiting the area, make sure you make time for:
1. The Atlanta Aquarium. This fabulous aquarium is unlike any other in the country. It actually has whale sharks, the largest species of fish on the planet.
3. Zoo Atlanta. This incredible zoo is home to 24 gorillas, the largest captive population in the U.S.
4. Underground Atlanta. This destination must be experienced first-hand. Built under the current city, there are many things to do and see that are both historical and modern.
5. Atlanta History Center. This beautifully restored Southern mansion contains historical displays, African art ad Southern folk art.
6. Olympic Park. This park, used for the 1996 Olympics, has many things that you can do during the day. In the evening there are often free concerts and other entertainment.
7. Chattahoochee River. There are 48 miles of dedicated area along the river for excellent outdoor adventures. There is also a nature center where you can learn about the river environment.
8. Stone Mountain. This giant granite mountain is the largest piece of exposed granite in the world, and encompasses a beautiful park with many activities to enjoy. It boasts the longest running laser light show.
9. Six Flags Over Georgia. This is an extraordinary theme park sporting the most roller coasters in the country.
10. Atlanta Downtown. The downtown area is filled with shops, museums and lively entertainment.
When visiting Atlanta, make sure that you are prepared to drive in such a large city. There are thousands of cars on the road each day in this area, and there is also construction throughout the city. Take all necessary precautions, such as planning your routes to the sites you are going to visit the night before to cut down on the chances of being in an accident during your visit.
If you are injured in an accident while visiting Atlanta, after you have received medical care, you are encouraged to seek the advice and services of a car accident attorney Atlanta-based. You are entitled to specific compensation under Georgia law when you are injured, Using an Atlanta based attorney will help you claim that compensation with ease. Yes, you can contact an attorney when you get back to your home state. However, they may not be licensed to practice law in Georgia, which could impact your case. Any time a case is delayed, it can affect the outcome.
Nadine Swayne is a writer who loves to travel with her family. She believes in safety first, and offers this article to help travelers realize the wonderful things that await them when they travel to Atlanta. Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A. is a car accident attorney Atlanta based firm that can help travelers understand their rights when injured in an accident.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brokentaco/4399677164/